Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nothing but Smiles for the Steward 6

Well, it appears to be smiles all around the world for the Steward 6 and I couldn't be more proud of my family. Last week was filled with nothing but cheek to cheek smiles, tears of happiness and congratulations. This is due to three massive events - three graduations.
Eric and Kyle have both worked incredibly hard the last 4 years and have become the newest university graduates of the Steward family. As I watched (online) them walk across the stage all I could think of was how much they have changed and from the maniac fights to the wonderful young men they are today. As much as I wish I could have been there, I'm glad I got to watch you too. Congratulations also goes out to their lovely girlfriends, Marlayna and Kaitlyn as they too graduated. I wish all four of you good luck as you continue your educational journey with your post grad adventures.
These graduations were like the build up to a delicious ice cream sundae, with the cherry on top being my Mum. An absolute super hero, champion, world record holder, strong man competition winner. My Mum had a graduation of her own. She was the next victor, with a knock out in round 12, ringing the chemo bell. That bell was heard all the way on this side of the ocean and the smiles of my Mum and my Auntie as they rang could be seen to the moon and back. The two of them have become quite a powerful twosome, nothing can get in their way. Taking each step as it comes, with some laughs and tears, but moving leaps and bounds.
As my happiness continues to grow here, the smiles continue to shine knowing the happiness of everything at home. These events definitely made me miss home as I would have loved to be there, but my family is getting ready to write the next chapter of their stories just as I have been doing here.
To continue the good news, I have found a new house and will be moving in on the 29th of June. I will be living with 3 friends I have made here and it has a common room! No more staring at 4 beige walls! Things with my photography have also been improving as I had another photo published last week for a travel company in Michigan promoting South Africa travel, as well as Global Dimensions; a UK teacher resource company publishing a picture. That one was truly exciting as it combines two of my passions; teaching and photography.
My summer plans are coming along fabulously as my trip is now paid for and the countdown is on (47 days!!) Some of my dream places are on this tour and I am beyond excited for that, as well as a whole new collection of pictures (advanced warning: be prepared for tons of pictures to be posted in September!)
As foot continue to heals up and football training starts up next week, I also have a pretty big event on 14th July. I will be running in my first 10k. This run is to support my Mum and anyone else fighting cancer. I will be running around Hyde Park wearing my blue (the colon cancer colour). I am raising money in support of cancer research. If you would like donate you can donate online by clicking here. I thank you in advance for your support and will run with all of you in mind. My mum is a firm believer in angels, so I'm sure I'll feel the support of her angel army behind me.
On that note, I should stop procrastinating and get back to work before it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment